Publishing and Writing Principles
• Marife Turkish Journal of Religious Studies, is a refereed periodical in the field of Religious Studies. It is published three times a year, in April, August and December (Spring, Summer and Winter). Until now, eight special issues have been published and new special issues are published when necessary.
• Marife Turkish Journal of Religious Studies, contains a mixture of academic articles, translated articles as well as research notes, book reviews and conference summaries in the field of Religious Studies from contributors within and outside Turkey. Marife welcomes all research on these fields. Articles concerning other areas may also be published upon the decision of the editorial board.
• All submitted works are published by the approval of editorial board.
• All responsibilities of published manuscripts (academic, legal and use of language) belong to the authors.
• The primary language of the journal is Turkish and English, yet upon the decision of the editorial board articles in other languages may also be published. Unpublished manuscripts are not returned.
• Authors can follow the publication procedure through
• Contributors will receive a copy of the respective issue and 20 complimentary offprints of their articles.
• Articles submitted for consideration of publication in Marife must be academic, original and contribute to the concerning area. Articles published anywhere else in any form or greatly extracted from any published material are not taken into consideration. If a paper is submitted to a conference but not published, the conference name, place and date has to be stated as a footnote.
• Articles submitted for consideration of publication are subject to review of the editorial board in terms of technical and academic criteria. Following the decision of the editorial board, the articles are then sent to two referees known for their academic reputation in the respective areas. The referees sent their reports to the editorial board via the Article Evaluation Form.
• Upon their decision, the article will either be published in the journal or sent to the author for correction or rejected.
• The article can only be published if the two referees agree in their decision on the publication of an article.
• If the two referees disapprove the article, it cannot be published.
• If one referee approves and the other disapproves, the editorial board may apply to a third referee for the final decision.
• If the referee(s) requested corrections before publication, the article is sent to the author for correction, the corrected manuscript is published upon the decision of editorial board.
• If the referee wants to revise the corrected article, it is sent back to him.
• Manuscripts must be submitted to the editor either via e-mail or as two printed copies together with a CD (translations with their original texts, pictures, drawings and tables saved in CD) containing the text in Microsoft word.
• The article (including appendix of pictures, drawings, maps etc.) should not be longer than twenty five (25) pages (Times New Roman 12, interspaces 1,5, margins 2,5).
• Turkish and English abstracts of around 150 words should be submitted for non-Turkish language articles. Turkish and English key words (five pieces) also should be submitted.
• The title of the articles should be given in Turkish and English.
• Each article should include a “bibliography” at the end.
• Abstracts of articles are also published in the Web site of the journal: www.marife.org accessible by the international academic community.